CALL FOR ARTISTS
57th TORONTO OUTDOOR ART EXHIBITION
JULY 6 – 8, 2018
NATHAN PHILLIPS SQUARE – TORONTO, ON
We invite visual artists working in all mediums, and makers in craft & design to submit
applications to Canada’s largest and longest running juried contemporary outdoor art
fair. The 57th Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition takes place on Nathan Phillips Square on
July 6-8, 2018 , attracting over 115,000 veteran and first-time art lovers and buyers,
interior designers, gallerists and curators from across Canada and abroad.
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS: December 1, 2017 – March 6, 2018
APPLICATION FEE: $50, $30 (for Students). Late fees apply after March 1, 2018
APPLY EARLY : Booth selections are based on first-come, first serve. The earlier you
apply, the better chance of getting your first choice if your application is juried in.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
1. Our art lovers spend over $2 million on buying art every year.* Sell your work
directly to them and keep 100% of your profit!
2. Showcase your work at Canada’s best attended and most visible
non-for-profit art fair without breaking the bank . We have affordable booth
packages for you to fit your budget.
3. Win one of our prestigious awards . We have the largest award program in art
fairs in Canada. Last year we awarded $40,000 in cash and in-kind to
4. Take advantage of our incredibly strong and diverse marketing and media
campaign (print, ads, social media) and community partnerships. Our
community and allies love us and together we make sure your work is seen
and recognized .
5. A great chance to meet and network with a group of exceptionally talented
fellow artists, art professionals and prospective clients.
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
As a not-for-profit art fair, we will do our best to make sure you are equipped for
success because we deeply care about you and we are here to create meaningful
connections and dialogue between you and the public at the civic centre of our city. We
know the intricacies of showing in an outdoor art fair far too well and we offer the
following services to create a #hasslefree experience for you:
– Professional, secure and affordable onsite storage (limited spots available)
– Energetic #dollysquads team to help you load in and out over the weekend
– Dedicated professional and dynamic staff to help you problem solve from
submission to Exhibition time
– #artistrelief volunteers who will watch your booth when you grab your lunch
– Accessibility support for deaf artists and artists with disabilities
– Booth Camp professional development session with industry experts and
veteran artists to help you navigate your way through the logistics of setup as
well as marketing tips on how to maximize your exposure and sales
– #TOAETIPS and comprehensive Artist Handbook- your outdoor art fair survival
guide, so you have all the necessary information at your fingertips
– Discounted rates on tent rentals, hotel accommodations, overnight parking and
– Online profile and year-round exposure opportunity in our Artist Directory
– Engaging and stimulating programs including nested curated exhibitions, talks,
tours to enhance your onsite visibility
FOR MORE INFO VISIT TORONTOOUTDOOR.ART
* From 2015 Economic Impact Study by Enigma Research
ABOUT TORONTO OUTDOOR ART EXHIBITION
Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is Canada’s largest, longest running juried contemporary
outdoor art fair. Founded in 1961, Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition was established to
put contemporary visual artists and makers at the front and centre of their works, in
direct contact with the public and to nurture artistic excellence and artists’
entrepreneurial spirit. This free public event showcases works by over 340
contemporary visual artists and makers, ranging in medium from painting, photography,
and mixed media to jewellery and ceramics, and attracts 115,000 visitors each year to
Nathan Phillips Square. The Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition is a charitable
non-for-profit organization (#119259620 RR0001).
TORONTO OUTDOOR ART EXHIBITION
401 Richmond Street West, Unit 264
Toronto, ON M5V 3A8
416-408-2202 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on Facebook